Ways to Repair Smoke Damage
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings and walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your home and your family.
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Ways to Repair Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. The professionals from Paul Davis all-encompassing smoke repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house undergone fire damage? Turn to Paul Davis. Our smoke restoration services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.