How You Can Clean Up Fire Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions and walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Repairing How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis all-encompassing soot removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.